As one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - Magna International is committed to deliver product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations, that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
Magna Logistics is a division of Magna International. The core task is the coordination of inter-plant logistics activities. These include, among others, the definition of standard processes and methods as well as the development and implementation of standard tools.
- Ensuring efficiency and cost reduction in the area of supply chain engineering and transport management
- Use of synergies and "best practice sharing" in the field of supply chain engineering and transport management
- Ensuring cross-industry & group-wide standardization and harmonization of supporting systems, processes and methods in the areas of supply chain engineering and transport management
- Development of new processes, tools and software applications
- Optimization of transport networks (supply chain engineering)
- Tender management for freight and logistics services (RFQ/RFI)
- Benchmarking of freight rates
- Market analysis and trend studies
- Development of processes in the area of supply chain engineering,"- procurement freight and logistics services"
- Relationship management with service providers
- Support for Magna plants in case of escalation
Wissen und Ausbildung
- Completed technical or commercial education preferred with a focus on logistics (Studies in the field of logistics or business management)
- 3-5 years of proven experience in the area of supply chain engineering, freight procurement or transport
- Leadership experience
- Experience in the automotive industry or transport service sector
Kenntnisse und Kompetenzen
- Relevant professional competence
- Excellent MS Office skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Project Management experience
- Experience with e-procurement platforms
- SAP knowledge is an asset
- Very good English language communication skills
- Profound German or Eastern languages communication skills are an advantage
- Presentation and communication capability
- Ability to work in team
- Strategic and entrepreneurial thinking and action
- Negotiation power and assertiveness
- Professional, self confident appearance
For dedicated and motivated employees we offer an interesting and diversified job within a dynamic team together with the individual and functional development in a professional environment of a global acting business. Fair treatment and a sense of responsibility towards employees are the principle of the Magna culture. We strive to offer an inspiring and motivating work environment.
Around 30% of normal working hours
The annual remuneration package for this position is a minimum of EUR 50.000,-. We offer attractive benefits (e.g. employee profit participation program) and a salary which is in line with market conditions depending on your skills and experience.